Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Satisfaction


One of my greatest satisfying moments comes at the end of the day. After dinner is made and eaten; after the dishes are washed; after the pots and pans are dried and put away. When the kitchen counter and stovetop are cleaned and wiped, the floor is swept (and sometimes Swiffered) and the kitchen is nice and clean. It's like leaving a hug for me to fall into the next day.

Ahhhhh..... can you feel it, too? I love going to bed knowing that when I wake up and groggily head for the kitchen in the morning everything is neat and tidy. My shiny kettle smiles at me while I fill it in my cheery empty sink. I don't have to worry about making room on the counter for the (clean) cutting board because there's nothing on the counter! Even my food scale is buffed up and ready for anything.

Once breakfast is made, I take my plate and mug of coffee to my clutter-free table top. What better way to start your day?

Unlike my pre-Stepford wife days when I'd have to fumble through a tower of dirty dishes for skillet, plate, etc., wash said skillet, plate, etc., make my breakfast, then make room someplace for me to sit and eat. How did I manage to live that way for so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment