Thursday, July 9, 2009

He Went There

Dear Friends,

So nice to be home again! I just came back from a short visit to my mother. My sisters and I drove down together. Of course, we had a nice visit which included us good Stepford Daughters cleaning my mother's house! That meant washing dishes, scrubbing the kitchen, disinfecting the bathrooms (ugh, they both totally needed it) and vacuuming the downstairs, all 3 bedrooms upstairs, and the stairs themselves. My mother asked me if I work that hard in my own home and the answer was, "No way!" First of all it's just my husband and I whereas my mother's house is home to 5 adults and 3 children. Second of all it's a 4 bedroom two-story house, much bigger than my two bedroom apartment.

All was well and after driving all night and a quick and much-needed snuggle with hubby I awoke and happily returned to my own routine and small, cute kitchen. Obviously, hubby was home alone these past two days and while he is entirely capable of taking care of himself I know he is no housekeeper. So, I was totally expecting the (slight, really) mess in my kitchen: a few unwashed dishes, crusty chocolate milk glass, dirty stovetop. No problem. However, as I was preparing my morning coffee I noticed that hubby had taken it upon himself to rearrange things. in. my. kitchen. Yes, MY KITCHEN. He moved the measuring spoons from one drawer to another! He changed up my pot arrangement on the potrack! He put a whole bag of onions on the wrong shelf in the pantry!

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but it totally put me out of my groove. What else did he do in there?

Anyway, at least I get to put it all to rights today.

No comments:

Post a Comment