Monday, July 6, 2009

I <3 Mondays


It must be Monday. It must, because hubby had to go to work today after sitting around here at home for a couple of days. This morning he kissed me, then said, "bleh, I have to go to work today."

*snort* Like he understands what work really is. At least he gets weekends off. Do I? No. Even though he has two scheduled days a week to play video games or sit in front of the computer, what do I get? Nothing. I still have to cook. And clean. And go grocery shopping. And clean.

Can I get a break here?

Where was I? Oh, yes. MONDAY. Well, while he's off working I'm here housekeeping. For the Stepford Wife, Monday is LAUNDRY DAY: washing, drying, folding, and even ironing! In this day-and-age I'm ironing, can-you-believe-it. (Ooooooh, hypens!) Today is also another trip to the grocery store (why-oh-why can't I get it right, and just go once or twice a week instead of 5 times?), a trip to Target for more hangers (why? so that I can hang up HIS stuff, that's why. *harumph*), a stop at the Salvation Army to drop off a bunch of stuff (basically, clothes that mysteriously have gotten smaller and no longer fit me. *sigh*). Oh! and I get to buy a dish-drying rack. Big Whoop.

And, of course, there is the never-ending cycle of cleaning that needs to be done. Ask hubby to help out, you ask? *gasp* Never! Honestly, I couldn't. Not after a long day being at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment